Friday 1 April 2011

Anti-what-sidants??!!!

Hello beautiful Spring chicks. The sun has had his hat on for at least 2 out of the last 7 day - which in good old England means spring is here and people will be wearing all sorts of ridiculous attire before you can say sombrero  - but i love it!!!
As spring marches on it has made me think about my health . . . you know what i  mean, it's that time when yo hark back to your hangover on January 1st and all the things you would definitely do and realise you can't remember them let alone have completed them! And so i look at me and think, ok not too bad - can make it up a flight of stars without collapsing (dependent on vodka consumption if a Saturday night) - eat a variety of food ( and by variety i do not mean all 6 different types of Magnum ice cream bar over the course of a week) and have a positive outlook (mindless optimism does count in this section - it has got me thus far and i am sticking to it!)
But as with all things i could do better. I look though for inspiration and instruction in a quest for a fitter, fabber me and i find i am absolutely blinded with science. From Anti-oxidants, to Pro-Argen formulas and not to mention the calculation of a BMI - i am inclined to think it is all a load of old Boswelox (and yes that was another creation from the science/ beauty world)!!!

BUT - Fear not as i did not give up at this rather intimidating hurdle, i took a step back and like any good General going into battle thought let's think laterally. There are trillions of 'celeb' diets out there, but do any of them really work???? There are claims that eating certain things will make you a size 6 in a week, claims that you will look 10 years younger, be 10 times more attractive  . . . . . . but i came to the conclusion that actually if you strip away all the razzle dazzle it is good old fashion MODERATION that makes for the happy bunny.


No amount of crack-pot inventions or crazy diets will see Kate Moss staring back at me when i look in the mirror (or if she is she has taken a seriously wrong turn at the end of the cat walk!)
Nope the things that will 'improve' my health and well being are as follows:

Moderate exercise a few times each week
Fresh food with the occasional treat
Good hygiene and feel good make up
Time for family and friends
Laughing
More water less vodka
A belief that we are each beautiful

And so i end my could do better though, not i am afraid with any money saving tips but rather the outlook that even if i don't know my hi carb from my low carb even from my sodding rhubarb, i do know some good old fashioned moderation and responsibility for my own wellbeing will see me right.

x Fliss x

No comments:

Post a Comment