Monday 4 April 2011

Running Soup-erbly!

Yes it is Monday, Yes it has been raining and No i am not deterred! Following on from my last post regarding my new approach to my own health and well being i can report that although only small steps have been taken the results have been positive.

Firstly i looked at my fitness levels and an olympian adonis did not spring to mind . . . .(thankfully actually - those women have far too many muscles!) And so i pondered joining a gym . . .  way too expensive, and i know what you are thinking 'your health is priceless' and indeed i agree but i am not in the business of chucking money away - as you well know my bargainistas! So i need exercise that raises my heart rate, something to lift my mood and something cheap - AB-RA-CA-FLIPPIN-DABRA . . . .Running. Now i say running, what actually occurred once my trainers had been wrestled from the cobwebs was more akin to a stagger, jog, walk, hobble, jog, collapse . . .but you know what i don't care because i had a go and that was worth it's weight in gold. I got up and i completed what i set out to achieve. As i staggered through the streets some looked on in pity, others looked away and a few looked on with hope in their heart and it felt good :) - i know the hard part id yet to come, keeping it up - but rather than promise myself i will run a marathon in a week - i pick up the moderation baton and commit only to run/jog/stagger for 20 mins 3 times per week - watch this space.

So after i spent £0 on my new fitness regime i decided it was time for some soul food. I have heard the likes of Nigella Lawson rave about the comfort and solace that can be found in a bowl of soup and have wondered often if indeed she is perhaps barking, but hey what the hell if you can't beat em join em! I point out at this stage that i am no Nigella or Ainsley or indeed Delia but my have a go attitude spurred me on. And so all i needed apparently was a chicken stock cube and whatever vegetables i liked - carrots, potatoes, leeks, mushrooms etc and a few herbs and spices. So add water shove into a pan, boil, liquidise some add back to pan . . . .the result . . . . Amen to you Mrs. Lawson you do indeed know your onions! I don't know if it was the fact that i had prepared and created this delicious soup or the fact that it only cost me £0.47p for the ingredients but wither way we were onto a winner. What is more i made enough for 3 servings and so put 2 portions into freezer bags for lunch mid-week - BONUS.

And in the evening . . . . . .A DVD, lasagna and a glass of wine - Moderation my friends really is the way forward!!! ;)

x Fliss x

No comments:

Post a Comment